NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Andreas Berger, chairman of the International Insurance Society’s Executive Council, has announced the appointment of 12 leading insurance executives to the IIS Executive Council, effective Aug. 1, 2023. The Council provides strategic guidance to the International Insurance Society (IIS) in alignment with its mission to serve as a platform for the global insurance and risk management community, providing knowledge, research, and thought leadership to support the betterment of society.
“The world economy is facing several challenges, so it is beneficial for our industry to have a platform like the one IIS provides, which facilitates open dialogue around risk management and other critical topics for the insurance industry,” said Berger, who also serves as the CEO of Corporate Solutions for Swiss Re.
“Inclusivity is core to the IIS mission,” said Josh Landau, IIS president. He added, “It is critical that our strategic objectives are devised from a diverse range of perspectives to enable us to draw from expertise across all sectors and regions of the world to ensure that the nuances of the marketplace are leveraged to address complex challenges such as climate risk, cyber, protection gaps and resilient development with universality.”
IIS Executive Council appointees include:
- Alfred Beil, Group Chief Medical Officer, Head of Underwriting & Claims, AXA, France
- Franz Josef Hahn, Chief Executive Officer, Peak Reinsurance Company Limited, Hong Kong
- Corneille Karekezi, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Africa Re, Nigeria
- George Kesselman, Chief Commercial Officer, ZhongAn Tech, Singapore
- Tina Lakickas, Executive Vice President, Head of Major Accounts Division, Chubb, France
- Lambros Lambrou, Chief Executive Officer, Commercial Risk Solutions, AON, USA
- Ed Moncreiff, Chief Executive Officer, Insurance, HSBC Life Asia, Hong Kong
- Joachim Mueller, Chief Executive Officer, Allianz Global Corp & Specialty SE, Germany
- Shinichi Okamoto, Executive Officer and Regional CEO for the Americas & Europe, Nippon Life, USA
- Christine Reyling, Senior Vice President, Fifth Third Bank, USA
- Rob Schimek, Group Chief Executive Officer, Bolttech, Singapore
- Jaime Tamayo, CEO North America, Mapfre Insurance Co., USA
The IIS Executive Council will convene at the 59th Global Insurance Forum presented by IIS and the Pacific Insurance Conference (PIC) at the Hilton Singapore Orchard on Nov. 5-7, 2023. The Global Insurance Forum is open to all and features a program with insights from 50-plus executives and thought leaders on the theme of the “Accelerating Value of Insurance.” The robust agenda will explore topics like “Insurers’ Strategies to Enhance Sustainability,” “Improving Health Outcomes with Digital Connectivity,” “Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Insurance,” and “Unlocking the Promise of Asia.”
For more information about the Global Insurance Forum or to register, visit https://www.theglobalinsuranceforum.org
For more information about the IIS Executive Council, visit https://internationalinsurance.org/iis-executive-council
About International Insurance Society: IIS is a diverse and inclusive platform for all stakeholders of the global insurance and risk management community, providing knowledge, research, thought leadership and connectivity to support the betterment of society. Founded in 1965, IIS is a global not-for-profit organization that serves as a neutral platform for active collaboration and examination of issues that shape the future of the insurance industry. IIS is an affiliate of The Institutes.
About The Institutes: The Institutes are a global not-for-profit comprised of diverse affiliates that educate, elevate, and connect people in the essential disciplines of risk management and insurance. Through products and services offered by The Institutes’ nearly 20 affiliated business units, people and organizations are empowered to help those in need with a focus on understanding, predicting, and preventing losses to create a more resilient world.
Colleen McKenna Tucker
Executive Director, International Insurance Society
+1 212 277 5164